Its no secret that the munchies hit you like a sack of bricks sometimes. Most of the time we need something quick, and based on your location that could mean some sh*tty fast food options. This recipe takes that vege the majority of us probably hated as children ‘the zucchini’ and transforms it into something that tastes leagues better than your average potato chip, sans 100% of the guilt! Tried and certified, you’ll love these Zucchini Parmesan Crisps, hell, sneak them into your children’s lunchboxes. (if applicable)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko*
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced to 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan; set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge zucchini rounds in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Add zucchini rounds to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.